Only for ledgendary people “Management “
Management is nothing but deals with people whose behaviour and attitude are highly unpredictable.
Human needs are continously rising, it is absolutely impossible to fulfil them single -handed. In such a situation the need for group activity, and to handle the group management required
Absence of proper management the activities of human group are like “a ship without a captain". Because goals cannot be achieved without proper management.
Management is to replace hunches and guess work, trial and error approach with exact knowledge. It guide, direct and coordinate the work of his subordinates so that work is accompanied as per plan
Important Assets of management
The most precious assets of management is " human resources " they are the fuel engine of an organisation, and it’s a most challenging task to manage human resource because it is the most dynamic resource.
There is always controversy over the term management weather it is science or art. It is broad human activity of universal application. Management is an art to the practical application of existing knowledge skillfully.
Science refers to a systematic body of knowledge and which is applicable universally but the principal of management arequired flexible which can be changed as per situation so it cannot be treated management as a perfect science .
- Management is a group activity in which involvemention of people takes place.
- It is all pervasive which is used universally.
- It is also a continuous process because after achievinga goal preparation of next one automatically started.
- It is a intangible force which can be feel, but can’t be touched.
- It increases the efficiency of an organisation.
Function of management (POS-DC)
P stands for planning
Planning means thinking in advance. “It bridgesthe gap between where we are or where we want to go". Planning is the primary function of management.
O stands for organising
Organising means groping the activities. Divide the work in to small parts to achieve a desired goal , by designing a framework.
- S stands for staffing
- Staffing refers to “putting right people for the right place " . Give work according to the efficiency of a personal.
- D stands for directing
- It is a “real action stage “that’s why it is also called management -in-action. Directing refers instructions, guiding, communicating and inspiring the people to achieve a particular goal .
- C stands for controlling
Controlling means to check out the result or to scrutinies the work which is done. It shows the result where we stand after completing all this process, whether we achieve our desired goal or not.
Planning and controlling both are forward as well as backward looking process. Controlling provides end results n planning gives standards.
Controlling is blind without planning because it provides standards to controlling .